If you are a business owner, or work in the marketing department at a company, you might want to know how a PR campaign can help your company to grow.
It’s worth understanding how PR can help before making the decision to invest in a relationship with an agency. Here are the main ways a PR campaign can support business growth.
- Awareness: PR activity will drive awareness by ensuring your brand/business is featured in the right places – including media (online, print or broadcast), speaker opportunities and influencer engagement – to reach your audience. Awareness through third-party endorsement, whether it’s a journalist or influencer, will add credibility as well as build awareness around your business.
- Brand positioning and reputation: appropriate communications around your company – using the right messaging and channels to communicate – will support your brand positioning. PR can help how your audience sees your business and work towards engineering the desired reputation through strategic communications and tactics.
- Increase traffic to your company’s website / boost SEO: tactical PR campaigns can be used to increase traffic to your website and boost your SEO by ensuring that high-ranking websites (e.g. national news outlets) link to your site. We have run many such campaigns for clients before – check out this recent one for our client, Childcare.co.uk – where we had great results.
- Growth of customer base: raising awareness and improving your brand’s positioning and reputation will ultimately mean more exposure in front of your target audience and as a result this should grow your customer base. Also, a tactical PR campaign can work towards growing a customer base, depending on the call to action; there might be a sign-up mechanism to the campaign, for example.
- Employment: any growing business need the best people in order to grow, so building awareness around a brand or company goes hand in hand with potential employees knowing you exist. Also the PR to ensure your brand has a good reputation supports reaching the right kind of people (the best talent that fits the culture) who will hopefully apply for available jobs.
- Investment: many companies looking to grow are often seeking investment, or have already received investment. For many of our clients we secure coverage in media that’s read by investors. Positive exposure to these people can attract future investment.
Although the above specifically highlights PR campaigns and is a very general view of how it can help a business, most agencies will work to your brief and create campaigns / activities that will best achieve your objectives.
If you’d like to know how we can help you to grow your business, please get in touch with us.